SW Colo archery high country mule deer hunt info?

Talk anything related to bowhunting
bman9900
Fawn
Fawn

SW Colo archery high country mule deer hunt info?

Post by bman9900 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:13 am

Kind of a newby here, got some great info from you guys last time I posted so I thought I'd try again. I'm looking to hunt bivy style high in SW Colorado during the archery hunt for mule deer. Live in SE Utah, So I would be close enough to scout some during the summer. I have 2 NR points and after doing some initial research I am thinking GMU 71 and 75 might fit the bill, but I am open to other units as well. Anyone that would be willing to give me some general info such as info on the Lizard Head and Meminuche wilderness areas, hunter numbers, areas I might want to check out, etc. would be appreciated. Not looking for anyone's spot, but would like to be pointed in the right direction perhaps. Thanks in advance.

sagebrush
Spike
Spike

Re: SW Colo archery high country mule deer hunt info?

Post by sagebrush » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:30 am

FOUR WORDS....

GOOGLE EARTH

BLM MAP

BOHNTR

Re: SW Colo archery high country mule deer hunt info?

Post by BOHNTR » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:28 am

I've been in that country several times. Look at elevations between 11,000-13,000'........look at different open bowls with alpine willow, pygmy bitterroot, nearby water, and away from hiking trails. When you do......you'll see deer. I'd also contact the game managers and horse packers that frequent the area They might have some useful information. Good luck and have fun......
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer