Danny's Pronghorn Story

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
DLS
Fawn
Fawn

Danny's Pronghorn Story

Post by DLS » Mon May 10, 2010 11:44 am

Last August, my son, Danny, succeeded in taking a very cool looking freak-horned pronghorn in northeastern California. The buck was 15 1/4" long, and his horns curved forward, out over his nose. Anyway, an article was just published in Huntin Fool Magazine about the hunt, so I thought I'd mention it in case any of you enjoy that Magazine. It's on page 86. Also, neat point of information... I included the photo of a huge buck another hunter took, and it was the first pronghorn he'd ever shot in his life. The fellow is in his 60's, and his buck scored over 85", landing well into B&C's all time records. My son was stalking that buck when the guy killed it, not knowing that my son was anywhere nearby. We were happy for the guy, and it is one incredible pronghorn, as is my son's too.

I hope you guys enjoy the story.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Danny's Pronghorn Story

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon May 10, 2010 1:29 pm

Don't get the Mag myself, but would love to see the buck and story. Can you post them here?

WinMag
3 point
3 point

Post by WinMag » Mon May 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Cool story and congrats to your son on taking an unusual buck and getting a story published. :thumb Do you have any pics you could share on here to go along with your story? I don't get that magazine either.

DLS
Fawn
Fawn

Post by DLS » Mon May 10, 2010 5:43 pm

Let's see if I can make this work, haven't posted pics on here before.

That was easier than I expected to put up the picture! Anyway, this buck was his 3rd choice, as the first two bucks we were after both got shot by other hunters. One of the bucks, our #1, got shot by a first time antelope hunter on opening morning, a guy who is in his 60s, and it made B&C's all-time record book with a score of 85"+. Then, we founf out that his 'backup' buck had also been killed so we went to another area where we'd heard of another real nice buck, and this buck showed up instead. Good thing my son shot this buck, as the one we were waiting for had also beeen killed on a previous day.

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Post by maintguy47 » Tue May 11, 2010 5:04 pm

dat's a coool looking goat :thumb

GUTPYLZ
3 point
3 point

Post by GUTPYLZ » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:02 pm

Seen one like that on my hunt, only smaller. They sure are cool looking.
"Waste Is Unjustified, And Especially The Waste Of Time.
One Must Live, Not Only Exist.
One Must Do, Not Merrily Be.
One Must Grow, Not Vegetate."
SPENCER W. KIMBALL