NM Restricted Muzzleloader tag

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
GnM
Fawn
Fawn

NM Restricted Muzzleloader tag

Post by GnM » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:28 pm

This will be my first muzzleloader deer hunt, and I am excited!! This should be a fun but tough hunt. The unit I drew is in the sand country, which means a lot of glassing and stalking. There are some really nice bucks in this unit and hopefully I will get to post some pics.

For those of you wandering what "restricted muzzleloader" means, its the old percussion cap or flint lock, no in-line muzzleloaders.

JOE TROYER
Fawn
Fawn

Re: NM Restricted Muzzleloader tag

Post by JOE TROYER » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:18 pm

Good luck on your hunt. I drew out the muzzle loader hunt in unit 34. A couple friends of mine drew out in the restricted hunt in 37. Restricted is the only way to go. All though my hunt is not a restricted hunt I will either use my flintlock or percussion. NO inlines in my gun rack. 10sign:

LCMCREV
Fawn
Fawn

Re: NM Restricted Muzzleloader tag

Post by LCMCREV » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:57 pm

The 2011/12 big game regulations booklet for NM is now online: http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/ Unfortunately, the restricted hunt down south in the Guadalupe Mountains is now for any type of muzzleloader.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson