one down 2 to go

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

one down 2 to go

Post by one hunting fool » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:02 pm

Last night I took a friend and his son out for his first Deer hunt. We got to where we wanted to be and after just a few minutes found a small 4 point that he missed at 100 yrds.
We went to another spot and found a herd of about 30 or more deer, most where does and a few smaller bucks but there where at least 2 nice 3 points and a BIG 4, we made a stalk and got within 153 yrds after making a quick plan I sent them north of the deer while I went south behind the deer.
After a half hour I was in position and stood up. the deer booked half went the wrong way but I could see the big 4 still looking at me. And half where headed towards my buddy and his son. BOOM I look up to see the 3 point staggering and run another 70 yrds then lay down. At that point the big 4 ran right past my buddy’s spot. I walk up and after a few congratulations to Austin I ask why they didn’t wait for the big 4 He said “I thought he left with the other herd.” Anyway we make are way to the deer in my haste I forget to ask if they reloaded. Just as we get 20 yrds from his buck it jumps and runs another 100 yrds and lay’s down in the thick brush.
We hurried and reloaded and went after him. He jumped out and he missed. This time the deer ran to the river bottom and lay down. So we decided it was to dark to go after him again. So my buddy is going after him now and from what I hear he got him He was dead as could be this morning. I will post pictures tomorrow. One down and this weekend when my boys get here we will hopefully fill there 2 tags I will keep you all posted :thumb
Brian
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

GUTPYLZ
3 point
3 point

Re: one down 2 to go

Post by GUTPYLZ » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:22 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait to see the pictures.
"Waste Is Unjustified, And Especially The Waste Of Time.
One Must Live, Not Only Exist.
One Must Do, Not Merrily Be.
One Must Grow, Not Vegetate."
SPENCER W. KIMBALL

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:10 am

Sounds like a really fun hunt. I always love being on someones first deer or elk hunt. :thumb
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:22 am

good work, cant wait to see the pics

9er
Watch your top knot!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:50 am

Sounds fun! :thumb

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:01 am

AWESOME! As was already stated, it's always the coolest when it's a "first buck" that was harvested!

Can't wait for the pics!

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:08 am

well here they are finally my friend found him in the bottoms in a pasture where the creek comes in. the deer was gut shot so moved along way down hill before deciding to rest. the only good thing we had going for us is he stayed in the creek bottom so my friend found a drop of blood once in a while told him to keep going down hill.
he was so stiff Ed was able to pose the deer for a photo shoot.
not a bad first buck
Auston and his Deer
proud Dad

stay tooned for part 2 my boys will be here at noon [-o< :thumb
Last edited by one hunting fool on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:17 am

Very nice, now get that 4-point. :)

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:59 pm

Taking my boys out as soon as i get outa here..... tick tock how slow does this stupid clock go.......

ABert

Post by ABert » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:26 pm

That is some pretty good mass and spread on that buck. Congrats to the young man!
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.