Sighting in my new coyote killer

Talk anything related to predators.
AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Sighting in my new coyote killer

Post by AGCHAWK » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:36 pm

My brother, two sons, and my wife and I went back out to site in my new M&P15 today. I bought a scope for it last night so I was pretty excited about getting back out and throwing some more rounds through it.

As you can see in the last pic, she's certainly zeroed in now. Tight three shot grouping at 200 yards. Now I just need to get a coyote in that sight!

(Also check out the pic with my wife in it. I circled the jug (It's still kind of hard to see) about half way up the hill that she was shooting at...and she hit it on her first try, dead center)
Attachments
IMG_1226.JPG
IMG_1204.JPG
IMG_1201.JPG
IMG_1194.JPG
IMG_1171.JPG
IMG_1111.JPG
IMG_1064.JPG
IMG_1226.JPG

killerbee

Re: Sighting in my new coyote killer

Post by killerbee » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:11 pm

thats pretty cool! i'd hate to be the next coyote you happen upon :thumb

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:27 pm

Darn good group for any rifle at 200yds. Look to be about 1 1/2". You got to be really happy with that. My DPMS does not shoot quite that good.------shooter
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

ABert

Post by ABert » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:51 pm

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Jeremy, I thought of all people would ONLY use open (peep) sights on your new toy #-o

j/k with ya! Looks like you've got her dialed in pretty good, and it just goes to show you that you should never let your wife shoot your gun. Now, she will tell EVERYONE that she shoots it better than you...offhand no less :))
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:41 pm

ABert wrote:Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Jeremy, I thought of all people would ONLY use open (peep) sights on your new toy #-o

j/k with ya! Looks like you've got her dialed in pretty good, and it just goes to show you that you should never let your wife shoot your gun. Now, she will tell EVERYONE that she shoots it better than you...offhand no less :))
LOL...ya know, I DID think about just keeping the peeps and forgoing the scope. However, I decided that if I want a good varmit gun I needed to accessorize a bit. I did keep the peeps on there though so I can still have some fun the "old fashion way" when I feel the urge.

As for my wife....I would have bet anything that she would have missed that jug at that distance offhand. However, she sure proved me wrong, that's for sure! I still insist that it was luck though.