What To Buy

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
Avs man
Spike
Spike

What To Buy

Post by Avs man » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:48 pm

Ive got some Cabelas points built up and was thinking about getting a couple of trail cameras with the points, I would really like to hear some opinions on what the best cameras in the business are, I hunt on public land and would be using them only in the spring time to keep an eye on when antlers start falling off and in the fall a couple of weeks before season and during season so having one I can view images on and erase images on is a must, I would also like to know your opinions on the best cameras that dont flash or anything so if someone walks by it will not allert them as to there is a camera in the area and they can steal it hopefully that wont be an issue. Thanks in advance for any info
I spend Half my money on Huntin, The rest I just waste!

AntlersOutWest
4 point
4 point

Re: What To Buy

Post by AntlersOutWest » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:14 am

I have stealth cams and a moltire.
By far the best cam I have is the stealth cam. Clear pictures. bright flash at night and dependable. Fast trigger speed. I paid $150
I have a infrared stealt cam. Pictures ok and will take infrared pictures at night which I really dont care for but if the animal is close they are not bad. It was $250.00
I buy the 6 volt battery ffor them so they will last for weeks.
The moltire I bought for $100.00. Its pictures are not the best and the trigger time is slow.
Heres some pictures from each to compare

Stealth Cam 5.0 MP Game Camera

Moultrie Game Spy Infrared Camera

Moultrie Game Spy D-40 Game Camera

Hope that helps.. By the way I buy mine from NativeOutdoors.com They have some really good deals right now. They are real good to work with also.