First photos...

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Re: First photos...

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:51 pm

The pics I have posted are from the same camara, the Moultrie d-40. I haven't had a problem with mine yet. I saw a Tasco camara at Cabelas today. I took notice 'cause they were small. I don't like their scopes, but maybe their camaras are worth a rip.
You can stand me up at the gates of Elko and I won't back down!

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:08 pm

Well I went up and checked my camera today and much to my frustration the only thing on it were 3 photos of my buddy. He had checked it a week earlier, it took three photos of him and went to sleep and never woke up... Stupid thing! At least there are loads of tracks and action around the trophy rock. So I took it back to Cabelas and they exchanged it for a Moultrie D50 so here's hoping. So far it's been functioning properly around the house. If something can break it will. I'll keep you posted.
Nothing like the great outdoors! :)

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:20 pm

I went up to check mine at that water hole and found the batteries died without taking a single pic. I also found another camara at the same hole. I'm wondering what I should do about that. I won't wreck another man's property, that I won't do. He may be souting another season anyway. He'll be disapointed if he's looking for deer lol , as there aren't any 'cept those martians (spikes), and a couple of does.

I thought I had the place to myself #-o

Oh well, so much for public land.

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:13 pm

Nuttin - that's really annoying. I thought I read something about that in the mandatory trail camera 101 course we all have to take... Unless he just plain didn't see yours. I guess you'll have to head deeper into the backcountry if you want some seclusion. And that sucks about your batteries, nothing like excitedly heading up to your camera only to find out that it had been inactive.

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:24 am

Bowtech43 wrote:Nuttin - that's really annoying. I thought I read something about that in the mandatory trail camera 101 course we all have to take... Unless he just plain didn't see yours. I guess you'll have to head deeper into the backcountry if you want some seclusion. And that sucks about your batteries, nothing like excitedly heading up to your camera only to find out that it had been inactive.
Well, my plan is to leave a note inquiring what his intentions are. In a worse case scenario, I'll just get there earlier than he does and wait up the hill for the elk from where they come from. If he's looking for deer, he'll probably move on when he finds nothing but does.

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:24 pm

Well after 3 days of testing my new D50 in my house I think I finally have a functional camera. Now hopefully I can figure out what's coming in to my honey hole. Funny how excited I am to have a camera that actually works. I guess I just took that for granted before... (???) Anyway, I'm heading up tomorrow to put it back up on the mountain and then hopefully I'll be able to post up some more photos.

flbuckhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by flbuckhunter » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:36 pm

Great pics, thanks for sharing. Looks like an awesome spot.
Hunting, I am not obsessed I am possessed!
Talk Hunting Magazine Pro Staff
Co-Chairman Sarabay Chapter Friends of the NRA
Lifetime Member NRA

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:40 pm

Well I took my son and we got my new camera set back up. But check this out. We got to my honey hole around 8:00 pm and spotted the biggest deer I have seen to date on the hill about 200 yards above us. What an amazing animal. Looked every bit of 30" and just a little above us. A typical 4x4. Hopefully I can get him to wander through now that I have a functional camera and post him up. Man I love this time of year!

=D>

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Amen! Brother. Go gettem.