Deer Trail cam pics August 2nd

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:27 pm

MTQUIVER wrote:stuff called pig out. It was made for pigs and bears but it works better than anything I have tried for mulies and elk. There is also a salt lick and pig out dumped on the ground. 489 pics total in a couple weeks. All Muleys and mostly bucks.
So with that pig out attractant do you just pour it out on the ground anywhere? How long did it take to get deer to come in? Where can I get some?

MTQUIVER
Spike
Spike

Post by MTQUIVER » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:00 pm

I like to put it on top of trophy rocks and other rocks and logs in the area of my camera. I have also been filling a small container with it just to keep that fresh scent longer. It seems to work the best. I had deer hit it the same day I sat it out. The key for me is to put it in a spot where I already know the deer are. If you randomly stick one out deer will eventually find it but most are does and elk and smaller bucks. It takes a little learning to get it right.

fatrooster
3 point
3 point

Post by fatrooster » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:18 am

MT, you've given some great learning info in this post. I've been thinking about getting a trail cam and this just cements that idea. Thanks for the info. fatrooster.