Vortex

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
Torch
3 point
3 point

Post by Torch » Wed May 30, 2007 11:09 pm

9er,

I'm not a salesperson by any means if that was directed at me too. Paul is a good friend of mine, but I don't make a dime off of them nor would I say they where good if I didn't believe so. I have many different brands of optics now including Vortex. If I didn't think they were good, then I wouldn't buy any nor say they were good regardless of wether or not a friend of mine is affiliated with them. I just think they are a good bang for the buck. I'm not trying to sell anything.....I have my own business to run which doesn't have anything to do with hunting. I hope that clears things up a bit. :)

Pros: I don't think you will find better glass for the money. The color fidelity and clarity is awesome in the ED models.(I haven't looked through many of the low end models) Lifetime warranty.

Cons: They are heavier than some comparable models. They are a new company and so durability could be a concern.....but with the warranty you can always send them back.

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Thu May 31, 2007 4:52 pm

TORCH

It was nothing against ya when i meant "salesman", i called and talked to a rep for them and he told me everything that i had already heard, i was just wanting some more info from those that have used them in the field! sorry!

9er

Torch
3 point
3 point

Post by Torch » Thu May 31, 2007 6:23 pm

9er,

You don't need to be sorry. That's why I put a smiley at the end. I was just letting ya know that I don't have anything to gain. I just like em! :thumb

silvertip-co
2 point
2 point

Nikons

Post by silvertip-co » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:58 pm

I wanna be an optics salesman, where do I sign up??? How much do I gotta buy to start??? Is this like MLM ( I hate MLM )???
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM
NRA LIFE MEMBER

AmericanBwana
Spike
Spike

Post by AmericanBwana » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:26 pm

No Amway here. But it does take some work. I work directly with the company.

Personally the money is spent to support my website project. Providing usable free big game stats to the hunting community, and supporting organizations that help to maintain our hunting privileges like Colorado Bowhunting Association (CBA). Once I get enough money I plan on sending money into RMEF. In addition we are trying to support other hunting forum sites, with the view toward helping new and inexperienced hunters enjoy a successful hunting season.

Besides developing website content we have also provided a free two hour map scouting seminar, demonstrating how to use free mapping software and the CO NDIS mapping website to scout their prospective hunting areas. Plus we are working on trying to figure out how to have a field day, where we can take new hunters out to the field, show them how to scout, and call.

In fact I've donated a set of optics to the recent CBA banquet and will repeat the donation (maybe a set of 10x42 razors (MSRP $869.99) that they can use for fund raising) for the upcoming CBA Jamboree on July 20 - 22 near Shrine pass.

Come on up and meet Paul Medel (AKA Elknut, from Elknut Outdoor Productions - http://www.elknut.com). We have arranged for him to speak and share his experience at the Jamboree on Saturday afternoon. Your entry fee will include an annual membership to CBA as well as access to several 3D ranges. It is a great weekend.

AB
Searchable Online Colorado Hunting Statistics
http://www.gmuresearch.com