A moment of happiness in a difficult year. Official score.

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Hiker

Re: A moment of happiness in a difficult year.

Post by Hiker » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:11 am

Wonderful Muley and it's going to be hard to top that one. I'm thankful to hear your bride is doing better. Thanks for sharing this year with us.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

sactribe
Spike
Spike

Post by sactribe » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:09 pm

That is a really nice buck. Thanks for sharing the story. Wishing your wife a full recovery. We dealt with cancer a few years ago with my daughter and it is a tough road to walk. It makes these types of experiences all the more special, especially when your kids can enjoy it with you. My 12 year-old daughter wants to hunt and will be taking the hunter safety course pretty soon.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:43 am

that was a great read!

first of all, congrats to your family on getting through the tough times Cancer brings.stay diligent on future check ups. my Mom just went through it 3 years ago- It is a tough ordeal, but it's so great to hear the doc say shes Cancer free on every check up!

second- what a DANDY buck! the mass seem to be incredable! congrats on a great year for you!

ccuttpb
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ccuttpb » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Again, thanks for the coments. @killerbee and sactribe, I have found it helpful to know others have plowed through similar situations. I know my wife has found great strength in knowing she is not alone and there are others out there who know what she is going through. So thank you to all for your uplifting posts.
Being able to harves this buck really is just the icing on the cake for me this year and put so many things into perspective.

JBird
Monster
Monster

Post by JBird » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:14 am

Awesome story. And congrats. Not much better than spending time in the woods with the family and to take a minute and get away from real life for a minute, in my opinion.

CaHntr
Spike
Spike

Post by CaHntr » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:23 pm

Good for you man, that is a heck of a deer. I know exactly what you are going through. My 32yr old wife has been battling cancer for almost 3yrs now and it's been harder to get out hunting. I have been able to deer hunt the last 3 yrs but haven't been able to bag anything like that. Instead of being a 10 day hunt most have only been local So Cal day hunts or quick weekend hunts. She's been a trouper, back in 2010 I got drawn for a southern Utah general deer but didn't think I was going to be able to go cause she had to fly to CTCA the Monday after deer opener. She said I could go for the weekend if the whole family could go so we made it happen. I met a nice gentleman from this forum who offered his cabin to us for the hunt. My wife, two boys and I left late Thursday night and drove the 7+hrs to our location, got there in enough time to sleep a couple hrs then I got up to do some scouting in the am then take the family fishing and some more evening scouting. Opening morning I was on a few deer but got busted, ended up with a small forky but it was worth it. Came home Sunday morning and she was off to Arizona Monday morning. She made it happen.

Muledeerhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Muledeerhunter » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:07 pm

Nice buck. I am glad to hear that your wife is doing ok.

ccuttpb
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ccuttpb » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:57 am

Well after the drying period was over, I decided to have it officially measured. The final net B&C score was 188 2/8. The one abnormal point it has on the right side that resulted in a 1 7/8 deduction dropped him below the 190 mark. I don't recall what the exact gross score was but am pretty sure it was 195+.

Regardless of the score, I am grateful that I had a chance to harvest such a beautiful animal and it is definitely the buck of a lifetime. Thanks again to all of you who have offered such kind words to my family and I.
Attachments
Deer Antlers.JPG
Deer Antlers.JPG (127.17 KiB) Viewed 8171 times

COLO3D
Spike
Spike

Re: A moment of happiness in a difficult year. Official scor

Post by COLO3D » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:44 am

Congratulations! Savor the victory and keep the faith.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A moment of happiness in a difficult year. Official scor

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:41 am

Thanks for the score update, just an AWESOME buck!