BC Highcountry Velvet (An Old Friend)

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
BCBOY
Spike
Spike

BC Highcountry Velvet (An Old Friend)

Post by BCBOY » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:50 pm

Went out this weekend to try out my new camera and took these pics of an old friend of mine. I have filmed this buck 4 out of the last 5 years. I was surprised to see he's dropped his trash. Looks like I may have to settle for a Typical this year. :wink:
"Trophy value is not always a measure of tine and beam. It may be just a measure of hard, solid hunting in which both man and deer conducted themselves well, so that neither was shamed." - John Madson, "Why Men Hunt"

BCBOY
Spike
Spike

Post by BCBOY » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:54 pm

Here's some pics of some of his buddies that share his highcountry home.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:42 am

Those are some great pics BCBOY....thanks.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:43 pm

Sweet pics, Thanks BCBOY!!
I can't believe he dropped all that trash, is he going downhill? How old do you think he is? That left front looks bladed and real heavy. Still an amazing buck though. What about his "trash factor" buddy he was running with?

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:49 pm

BCBOY:

You're right he's lost a lot of his trash. In fact, he's not even worthy of you going after him this year. Sooooooo, since there's probably better bucks around, maybe ol' BOHNTR should take a road trip up there and put an arrowing to that downhill buck! :) Of course, if I could just convince your game managers to give me a non-resident mule deer tag, I might have a chance. :? Nice pictures, thanks for posting.

BOHNTR )))----------------->

BCBOY
Spike
Spike

Post by BCBOY » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:20 pm

MuleyMadness,
I don't think he's going downhill yet. He's still young, only 6 yrs this year. He still has some peak growing to do. I would imagine that he's just wanting to net better before I whack him. :lol: I know bucks can flip flop with their trash and last year he had lost a lot of his trash compared to the year before. He had that big inline and still had the dropper last year. I don't even see evidence of the dropper this year.
He was bedded no more than 30 yards from where I filmed him last year. I got over 20 minutes of video of him at 30 yards and he didn't have a clue I was there.

BOHNTR,
He is just a dink, why would you want to stick him with your bow? There is no challenge in that. HeHeHe.

Any guesses on how wide you think he is right now? Last year I was thinking he was 35 and the year before that 33. What about score? I know he's got a lot of growing left to do. What do you think he'll finish out at?
"Trophy value is not always a measure of tine and beam. It may be just a measure of hard, solid hunting in which both man and deer conducted themselves well, so that neither was shamed." - John Madson, "Why Men Hunt"