First Archery Deer

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
GUTPYLZ
3 point
3 point

Re: First Archery Deer

Post by GUTPYLZ » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:28 pm

Thats a super nice Blackie!! :thumb I leased my truck on to a company out of Bend Oregon. They keep telling me to come hunt other there for Bear, Elk, and Deer. I think I might have to take them up on that. Bend, sure is a nice place. I'm really starting to like Oregon with the added good fishing too. Feels like the closest think to Alaska without being there.
"Waste Is Unjustified, And Especially The Waste Of Time.
One Must Live, Not Only Exist.
One Must Do, Not Merrily Be.
One Must Grow, Not Vegetate."
SPENCER W. KIMBALL

Livn-Lg
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Livn-Lg » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:49 pm

If you have the opportunity you should take it. Bend is Muley country and great elk habitat. If you want to hunt blacktail you will need to stay west of the cascades. Oregon has everything to include Black bear, cougar, whitetail, blacktail, muley, rocky mountain elk, roosevelt elk, pig, ram, mountain goat, wolf, coyote and now even moose are coming in. We have climates ranging from desert to marsh and plush forestland. I would assume Washington is the same although I have never hunted there. Alask is probably the ultimate though. I think OR and WA are greatly overlooked when it comes to hunting opportunities as everyone wants midwest or rockies states. Thats cool with me because that leaves better hunting for me. Let me kow if you come up for hunting.

Thanks to all for the compliments...
2006 Hoyt Trykon XL

Hesitation, The difference between immortality and kleenex

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:35 am

A very nice black tail. Congratulations :thumb
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

TommyColey
Spike
Spike

Post by TommyColey » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:34 pm

very nice , super pic man.

sounds like OR. is a paradice
would love to hunt there someday.
hey but I would love to hunt everywhere someday.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:07 pm

i'm 20 miles from bend, i hate that ^%$# city, but 20 miles away and it's a great home town, you know 80 % of every one and if you lived in bend you would ,more than likely, come this way to hunt.

if you guys are ever in the area, let me know. if i'm around i could show you the area, if not i could tell you where to go looking :thumb :thumb

numbnutz
2 point
2 point

Post by numbnutz » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:38 pm

Thats a great looking Blackie 10sign: I see you live in Gresham, I also live in Gresham. ::wel

Killer_ I was over in your neck of the woods or should say desert this weekend, I went camping at Lake Billy chinook with the family, saw tons of deer. I think I'm gonna start appling for the achery metoliuos tag maybe in 20yrs I'll draw it LOL
lifes short, Hunt hard!!

ULTRAlite
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ULTRAlite » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:16 pm

Very nice - Love the velvet :thumb

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:46 pm

numbnutz wrote:Thats a great looking Blackie 10sign: I see you live in Gresham, I also live in Gresham. ::wel

Killer_ I was over in your neck of the woods or should say desert this weekend, I went camping at Lake Billy chinook with the family, saw tons of deer. I think I'm gonna start appling for the achery metoliuos tag maybe in 20yrs I'll draw it LOL
i drew that metolious tag 8 yrs ago WITH 0 POINTS!!

it was the best deer hunting i've ever seen. i chased 2 whoppers the whole hunt. passed up a ton of 24-26 " 4x4 and similer bucks. finally, on the very last night, 1 hr of my hunt to go i shot a 26 in, 166" gross [cant remember the exact net, but he didn't have hardly any deductions]

any way it was awsome, but man it takes a ton of points to draw it now. 12 points will get you the tag this year, or so my book says. but they give out the 25% to everyone-not counting points. so there is always a chance

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:12 pm

That is a very good blacktail buck congratulations =D>

I need to get me a nice black tail someday soon I hope.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:40 pm

That's a GIANT Blacktail man......congratulations on a trophy of a lifetime and thanks for sharing.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer