Utah Gov Buck Killed!!

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Re: Utah Gov Buck Killed!!

Post by Coloradobuck » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:45 pm

i guided for two years and be hopefully doin a nother here (for a fairly big size outfit in the flattops wilderness ) and im not sure what ya'l know bout guiding, but during the summer months its a non stop scoutn. we will ride miles and miles and miles in the back country (with horses) and we will spend days mapping and gathering knowledge on where the big bucks or bulls hang out. then during huntn season if we have a clint we will take them out for the day to where we know the big bucks or bulls are and we will put him on it. its the same as mossback now i might not like the guy but his outfit seams to me is run legal. it kinda sounds like most of ya are mad at the hunter for shootn the buck . who knows that hunter could have saved up of years and years for a hunt like this. im just thrown in my two cents here but congrates to the hunter AND GUIDE
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

Twitch
Spike
Spike

Post by Twitch » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:20 pm

My issue wasn't with Doyle.

Some people just have different standards when it comes to taking a Big Game animal. I personally could never put a deer or elk on my wall knowing that I did very little of work needed to take down such a great animal.

I think we all agree that Mossback isn't a horrible guide service. I know just about everything it took for them to take down the spider bull (I talked to the guy who shot it, right when they brought it off the mountain) They put they time in and its all legal.

My pathetic comment was about the helicopter. If it turns out that its not true then I take it back.

*ShedPredator*
2 point
2 point

Post by *ShedPredator* » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:32 pm

*ShedPredator* wrote:I looked into BowAddicts sources of the use of the Helicopter and turns out it is 110% false, He over heard from another source a joke being thrown around that the Heli was being use, I just wanted to clear it up so everyone knows the truth.
thanks- ShedPredator
Again post this for everyone too read, the rumor about the hellicopter is false and was just a joke being thrown around that was over heard and took literally.
"to small keep drivin..."

mattman
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mattman » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:59 pm

Beautiful buck but I could never take an animal I didnt work for. Whether the helicopter rumor is true or false he still had guides working to locate the buck. To me that isn't hunting. Fair chase DIY is hunting.
Keep hiking until you dont see sign of human life, then hike some more. That my friend, is where the monster lives.

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:57 pm

so what your saying is im not a real hunter. i am a hunting guide and i have used guides on my hunts but that dosent make me a "not"real hunter. do you know what time efferet and sweat it took for them guides or "not" real hunters? a long time they study the area get to know it thats why it seems like they just got out of the truck and shot it. sounds to me like most of ya are just mad and cause you cant kill a buck like that. now the diy hunts yea i love those hunts but dont call some one a real hunter or a not real hunter because there form of hunting is the same as yours

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:15 pm

hey Coloradobuck, do you have any cool pics of your sucsessful guided hunts? love seeing more pics! what outfitter have you been working for? i know a few guides in that area you should know. what part of the flattops are you in?

*ShedPredator*
2 point
2 point

Post by *ShedPredator* » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:48 pm

Well said Coloradobuck! 10sign: I couldn't agree with you more, I don't believe people actually know or realize how much hard work and time go into guided hunts. And when people start saying that it's not fair when it comes too a big team like in the picture.. take into consideration i doubt every single one of those people were chasing the buck threw the tree's, i'm sure they were posted up glassing in the area in search for the buck yes but i dont have any doubt in my mind that it was a fair chase hunt IMO that is.
"to small keep drivin..."

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:35 pm

thanks ShedPredator yea its tough. and yea i work for budges flattopswilderness lodge on the south end of the flattops and i can get some pics of the hunts

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:52 pm

heres some work photos
Attachments
jsdhjsdhjsd.jpg
jsdhjsdhjsd.jpg (34.55 KiB) Viewed 5039 times
GetAtaaaatachment.jpg
GetAtaaaatachment.jpg (28.04 KiB) Viewed 5039 times
GetAttachment.jpg
GetAttachment.jpg (28.4 KiB) Viewed 5039 times
hshdsjfcc.jpg
hshdsjfcc.jpg (20.77 KiB) Viewed 5039 times

mattman
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mattman » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:36 pm

colorado i dont know if you're post was aimed at me or not but i'm going to answer anyways. I absolutely was not saying you are not a real hunter. I'm merely saying that the only way to hunt, for ME, is DIY fair chase. I have nothing against guides or people that use them. I just don't find any joy in letting someone else do the work for me. Just my personal preference and I meant no harm by stating it. Sorry if i ruffled your feathers a bit. Those are some awesome pics too.
Keep hiking until you dont see sign of human life, then hike some more. That my friend, is where the monster lives.