New to the Madness

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
heelerdog
Fawn
Fawn

New to the Madness

Post by heelerdog » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:02 pm

I'm from the NE corner of California. Just saying Hi. If I say something stupid I'll bet I laugh before you. See yall on the board.

-Dan

shedhunter
Spike
Spike

Nice to have some new names!

Post by shedhunter » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:36 pm

heelerdog:

Glad to have you around! Dont be afraid to ask questions or anything, someone will have the answer! If you have questions concerning posting pics, ask Muley Madness. He knows all about the site! :lol: But like I said before, glad to have ya here! Check out my pics in the sheds forum and also in the archery and general deer forums. I'm also pretty new at this, but the site's been nothing but good so far!

shedhunter
~shedhunter~

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:50 am

heelerdog

Hey, thanks for signing up!! We always want and welcome new members. We just need a lot more. :) What do you hunt down in CA?
Sends us a few pics if you have any.
Thanks & Welcome.

whtailtaker
Fawn
Fawn
Location: Hunting the Mountains of North Carolina and Regions West

new

Post by whtailtaker » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:23 am

welcome to the board!
give your opinion (s) on the topic at hand-

this sounds about right!!

QUOTE:
Now for my opinion: :D Sell the experience, not the animal. selling animals by the pound (or inch) is not hunting :evil: . it is shopping. Scoring animals that are bred and raised to shoot is a business.. but it is not fair chase :x if the animal has no chance of dieing a natural death. plain and simple. Put a hunter in a pen with a hungry lion 8) , and with no firearms :shock: :shock: , now that may be fair chase!!! Then let that hunter decide how big the enclosure needs to be to call it fair chase.. :roll: :roll:
I have been charged by grizzlies twice. That was fair chase.
Jameister

---------------------
huntin 4 legged critters and eatin um
Sans dieu rien= Without God nothing

A bad day hunting ain't bad-Ain't life grand

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:31 am

heelerdog:

Welcome aboard! Always nice to have a fellow Crazy Californian around to provide some back-up when those Kalifornicated jokes start. :D

NE California.....as in Alturas or Modoc County? If so, hows the snow pack up in the higher country this year? Those deer and antelope could use some snow/rain fall. I've bowhunted your part of the country before and have seen a few toads.

BOHNTR )))--------------->

heelerdog
Fawn
Fawn

Post by heelerdog » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:19 pm

Thats right Modoc County. Got a 3A tag last year, week before the season I jumped up a real toad. Spent the whole hunt passing on bucks hoping I'd see him again. Well the tag went unfilled, oh well I had a great time and in April I cut my season short by planning a trip to Disneyland figuring I wouldn't draw. The snow pack is fair but we got plenty of moisture this winter, not a droughtbuster but a good amount.

WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:40 pm

heelerdog,

welcome! nice to see new folks around here. seems like this site is gaining some popularity. this is the best site out there. california you say! :D seems like california boyz are starting to get pretty common around here as well.
IT TAKES ALOT OF SACK TO BAG A BIG RACK

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:26 am

HeelerDog, Welcome to the site! I am another of the California boys on here although I'm a bit of an interloper. Stationed here with the military but manage to blend in as best a I can (Ever try to hide a hick in Monterey Bay? You can spot me from a mile away!).
Enjoy, my friend.