Scouting for my dads hunt.

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
needs_recoil
Fawn
Fawn

Scouting for my dads hunt.

Post by needs_recoil » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:45 pm

My dad drew a nevada deer tag this year and so weve been doin a little scouting. Its an area weve hunted my whole life so we know where there are some big bucks and we are checking a few areas we havent been in for years. Anyway The balljoints are out in my truck again, 5 times in almost a year. Gotta love dodge. So we took off from my house in the side by side and rode up to the top of a mountain we like to hunt off of. When we got almost to the top we pulled of and just started glassing. Within a one mile area we had picked out 43 deer. 9 bucks mixed right in with the does; a few good bucks and one 3x3 that will go 25 or 26 wide. I couldnt figure out why the bucks were hangin with the does. A couple of hours goes by and we head higher up the main road were on and right around the next ridge is a huge heard of domestic sheep. Explains why the does and bucks are together I guess. Hopefully the sheep dont push the deer any farther cause my dad is wanting that 3 point.
The previous night I didnt get home til after 230 and was up and gone by 530, so in my hungover state I had forgotten to grab my camera. I couldnt get an accurate range on the deer but the rock formation halfway between us and them was 732 yards. The picture I am attaching is a cell phone shot at around 1500 yards through my spotting scope. So sorry about the blurriness. He is perfectly symetrical. And if you look close enough there is another buck right in front of him that will push 24 inches. Again sorry about the picture quality.
Attachments
0820001554_0001.jpg
0820001554_0001.jpg (17.26 KiB) Viewed 2209 times

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Scouting for my dads hunt.

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:49 am

Best of luck on your Dad's hunt, appears to be a good buck. Thanks for posting him up.