Paunsaugunt Archery

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
straight6
Fawn
Fawn

Paunsaugunt Archery

Post by straight6 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Hey fellas, My good friend drew an archery tag for the pauns and has had a few family issues come up and it doesn't look like he will be able to make any scouting trips down there, I was hoping someone here may be able to help with any starting points to look around and hunt, I don't expect any secret spots or anything but any help would be appreciated. He has archery hunted a lot, but just never been to the pauns. Thanks for any help.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Paunsaugunt Archery

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:58 pm

Oh wow my dream tag, I'm slightly jealous. I know certain parts well, should be a good/fun year for the tag. Might be a bit harder with all the green feed and plenty of water? But I'd take the tag this year HANDS DOWN. Deer seem spread out quite a bit compared to previous years. I've seen some good bucks out there this year. More help later.

Jackson10
Spike
Spike

Post by Jackson10 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:35 am

Also my dream tag too! should be a really fun hunt, one place you could hunt that always see some good bucks is tropic resivior, their are medows, water, and cover everywhere it will just take some time to learn what the bucks wiill do. my friend has a ranch that always holds some bucks so ill see whats out and about their for ya

brandonlarson
Fawn
Fawn

Post by brandonlarson » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:31 pm

late response but i've done that hunt twice, one year i spent hunting above tropic reservoir and the other around blue fly creek. i'd start out above tropic res. there are alot of little side roads that take off from the main road, explore them. kanab creek, robinson canyon, swapp canyon.

straight6
Fawn
Fawn

Post by straight6 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:02 am

Thanks for the help looks like tropic res. area is the place to be for the archery hunt.

BigWave
Fawn
Fawn

Post by BigWave » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:59 pm

Good luck on your hunt, and post up some pics when you can! I'm thinking about cashing in my 13 NR points in the next year or so on this archery hunt too. That is some seriously beautiful country with some great bucks sprinkled in there!!

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Post by dahlmer » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:27 am

Congrats to your buddy for a great tag. I imagine he is ready to burst with anicipation right now. Best of luck to him.

BigWave
Fawn
Fawn

Post by BigWave » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:45 pm

straight6,

Is your friend who drew a res or NR, and how many points did he have?

straight6
Fawn
Fawn

Post by straight6 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:16 pm

He is a resident and had 9 points, didn't want to wait 10 more years for the henry's so I talked him into this hunt thinking I would get to go spend some time down there with him on the hunt, but I ended up pulling a Nevada archery elk tag and we will be hunting at the same time( I know what a bummer huh!), He is really excited to head down there.