X3B questions

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
spike
Fawn
Fawn

X3B questions

Post by spike » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:31 pm

New to forum. Great to find a site where everyone speaks fluent MULIE.
Drew X3B tag after 4 yr try. Hunted it 4 yrs ago with really poor results. Hunted the south end of zone (coppersmith hills) to the far north (Dismal Swamp). Had no weather to speak of and the only buck I saw taken was leaving private (alfalfa) in Cedarville, and got ambushed on his way back up in the morning. Locals all told me that lions were a huge problem and there was no relief in sight. After 7 fairly difficult days I moved to a spot N/E of Alturas. Hunted the Bald/Cadar mtn area for 4 more days and took a small 4 pointer because I had to get back to family/work.
Bottom line, I'm a 58 year old guy that is going alone. I am still (thank God) in pretty good shape and am willing to stay the whole season if thats what it takes to put 1 more good Mulie on the wall.
Any tips or Ideas are much appreciated.

GOOD HUNTING,

Spike

primal215
3 point
3 point

Re: X3B questions

Post by primal215 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:22 pm

I put in there this year but didn't draw. The great thing about that area is that if there's no deer then there's always the awsome trout fishing in hat creek. Good luck

GATOR
Fawn
Fawn

Post by GATOR » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:22 pm

Take a look in Long valley area and around Blue Lake area. They use to be good back in the day.
Good Luck

spike
Fawn
Fawn

Post by spike » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:41 pm

Gator,

Yeah, Thanks for that.

I'm not familiar with the Long Valley country you mention, But i do have Blue Lake on my short list.

Also looking hard at the area north of Blue Lake where they had that huge fire 4 yrs ago. I'm thinking that whole area has had enough time to recover and greenup. If I can find a bunch of girls in there I'm sure there will be a thumper or two in the immediate area.

Thanks again, will keep you posted.

Spike