need to vent

Talk related to anything & everything.
500mag
2 point
2 point

need to vent

Post by 500mag » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:49 pm

now dont get me wrong i love to ride bikes 4 wheelers. but i have done a lot of hiken this year and the more i do the more i wish the woud get rid of all the 4 wheelers. its hard to find a place back anywhere a few people have been off road, or make there own trail. just this week end i wint camping i was out on my 4 wheeler stopped in some trees and i here some one comen i look over and there he goes stright up the hill ripping it all up. Why cant people just stay on the road :>/
One day I will find the BIG ONE!!

JBird
Monster
Monster

Re: need to vent

Post by JBird » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:27 pm

I agree. One of my favorite areas has an old closed logging road running through it, unfortunaly the big NO MOTORIZED VEHICLE sign doesn't seem to apply to some people.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:13 am

ya i wish they would just make them illeagal in the woods. if used right there great but there are to many bad apples out there that ruin in for everyone :>/

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:30 am

I think a lot of us would agree! They are loud, tear up the land, and just ruin the hunting for every one.

numbnutz
2 point
2 point

Post by numbnutz » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:48 pm

i agree they have ruined a few stalks for me.
lifes short, Hunt hard!!

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:40 pm

I dont believe they should be banned but they should make your pass an ethics course or something before you can use them in the mountains or any other place where they can tear stuff up.
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

Buck Fever
3 point
3 point

Post by Buck Fever » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:58 am

NOT A BIG FAN!! :>/
Must be mentally focused at all times!!

500mag
2 point
2 point

Post by 500mag » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:48 am

i wish there was a way where i could help keep people off. if there was a way to give them a big fine for the 1st time then next time take there bike a way and they could not be able to ride.
One day I will find the BIG ONE!!

Avs man
Spike
Spike

Post by Avs man » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:06 pm

Typical mentality, punish those who obey the laws and dont do anything to the people breaking the law, I ride fourwheelers and I can honestly say that when the road is closed its closed and thats as far as we go. Now I know there are several people out there that dont obey the laws well the only way to teach them a lesson is to police it yourself. Around here there is 1 BLM a few Forest service and a couple of DOW officers that patrol the hills around here, the DOW is probably in the woods more around hunting season and finally they have jurisdiction to write citations for offences on BLM and forestservice ground for OHV violations if they do it or not well thats to be seen. So thats not alot of people to patrol that much ground. MY SOLUTION IS IF YOU SEE ANYONE BREAKING THE LAW YOU HAVE A RIGHT AS A CITIZEN TO APPROACH AND SPEAK YOUR MIND TO THESE TARDS. I do and around here its still a problem but its not near as big a problem as it was. I get their registration # and report every incedent to the BLM or forest service. They do ask if I would appear in court if they wanted to fight it and I always say yes. I have never been called to appear but I would if I had to. Most people just pay the ticket and thats that. I also try to video this behavior if possible. and besides The offenders are breaking the laws now what makes you think they wont break the outlaw all ATVS law. inforce the laws we have now. Just my .02
I spend Half my money on Huntin, The rest I just waste!

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:41 am

I feel your pain man... Back home my Dad is the public lands administrator and has been working hard on closing some trails down and limiting the use of OHVs on public land. Talking with him the big issue is that the laws that exist to limit the use of OHVs to trails and roads are not enforced. Until the laws that are in place are enforced then the irresponsible riders will keep tearing up the country side. Now don't get me wrong I love riding as well. Its just some people not all of them are not responsible enough to obey the laws....
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28