Cabelas Customer Service

Talk related to anything & everything.
TheGreatwhitehunter

Cabelas Customer Service

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:47 pm

I made the 2 1/2 hour drive to Cabelas to return a 4 season Cabelas Alaskan tent I bought from them. The very first time I ever used it I unfortnately found it was not only missing a few pieces but it was used at least one time before. Someone very carefully repackaged it and took the effort to make it look factory sealed. I got half way there before realizing I left the receipt at home, when I got there I explained the situation to the girl at customer service showed her I had the orignal box and the tent the way I recieved it and she returned it with out a problem. She simply asked if I wanted a refund or another tent. I got another tent and ended up spending quite a bit of money on other stuff while there.

I have noticed that Cabelas has had to tighten up their return policies a little bit in the last few years due to people who abuse it but they are still a top notch outdoor retail store.

Sure I can get some stuff a bit cheaper online but knowing that Cabelas is willing to take care of the customer makes me a loyal customer for life.

We have a Bass Pro, Sportsmans and a Gander Mountain in Denver and I will always shop Cabelas first when I can.

Gander Mountain and Bass Pro are the pits when it comes to customer service and standing behind anything. Sportsmans is decent but Cabelas Rocks :thumb .
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

Tonoonyi
3 point
3 point

Re: Cabelas Customer Service

Post by Tonoonyi » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:01 am

Nice to see that someone is getting good service, I have had problems the last two times that I have been to the Cabelas in Lacey and finally cancelled my Cabelas card and I go to Wholesale sports instead. It may be the store itself but when I wrote Cabelas an email complaining about the service I got a very short and curt response back.
Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline.

Muley Shed Freak
3 point
3 point

Post by Muley Shed Freak » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:54 am

I was at the cabelas in billings and the service was excellent. On the other hand,i went to the cabelas in lehi and it was awful. Absolutely awful. So, we decided to just do catalog and online ordering. Guess it depends sometimes on what store your at.

PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Post by PhillyB » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:17 pm

Muley Shed Freak wrote: On the other hand,i went to the cabelas in lehi and it was awful. Absolutely awful.
Dead on! I travel to Utah County quite often to see family and would to make it a priority to get over to Cabelas. Their customer service was horrible. I dont even visit the store anymore, I prefer Sportsman Warehouse or the local shops over Cabelas anytime.
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing

Lunder
Spike
Spike

Post by Lunder » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Maybe it depends on the person you get at the counter. I've returned a couple things to the Lehi Cabelas store, one with and one without a receipt, and had great experiences both times.

ABert

Post by ABert » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:53 pm

I can personally speak for the Customer Service at the Gonzales, La. store, of which I work at. I am AMAZED at the number of folks who come through the doors with a broken fishing rod. In all my years of fishing I have never had a rod break while fighting a fish. Each and every customer, receipt or not, walks out with a new rod, a refund or gift card.

I ask most of the folks bringing in returns if customer service took good care of them and each and every one that I ask says 100% "Yes!". I've been a loyal Cabela's customer for a number of years long before I worked there and never had a problem with the Customer Service.

Just an FYI, if you buy ANY boots/shoes with the Cabela's name on it, they come with a lifetime guarantee. Wear out the soles on a ten year pair of boots? You'll get new ones, or if discontinued, a refund or like replacement.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

buckykm1
2 point
2 point

Post by buckykm1 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:46 am

I buy 99% of my gear from Cabela's too, there Customer Service is great :thumb .

Kevin

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:45 am

i have nothing but good to say about them, but i've only dealt with their catolog service.

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:30 am

I've never had any trouble with Cabelas, Sportsmans Warehouse or Bass Pro Shop and I've had to return stuff to all of them. I'm depressed about Cabelas tightening up their return policies though. I loved stopping in the Bargain Cave and picking up basically new stuff at a great savings. Just got another Alaknak tent for $254.00. It's a little dirty. Half the tent pegs are clean. I guess they were too lazy or stupid to set it up. Too bad. I'm happy. ****banana ****banana

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:44 pm

We have a Bass Pro in Denver and it is the absoulte worst customer service IMO

With a receipt it really depends on what you bought, with out a receipt it depends on who your dealing with even if it says RedHead or Bass pro on it.

I really do like sportsmans though.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK