Just a few pics

Talk related to anything & everything.
Deserthunter
Fawn
Fawn

Just a few pics

Post by Deserthunter » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:12 am

These camps are all out in the bookcliffs, We hunted out their more than 30yrs. That is until Utah, did it's usual crap and made it a draw area, we had a ridge nearly 15 miles long, 3 miles wide and we were the only group on it, talk about OVER hunting, idiot Division of Wildlife Ser. Sorry, can you tell I'm upset.
Dad took the Mule Deer on opening morning with it snowing (2'), chained all 4's, saw muley just about 200yds off trail, he shot it, about that time a fellow got up out of the snow (sleeping bag), said, I've been waiting for that deer all night. Too bad.
My reloading room, It's taken me since 1974 to get it in shape, th way I want it.
The above group was shot out of my Savage 12FLV in 308win, just a few mods, tactical bolt, Choate stock, Leupold 6.5-20x50mm w/varmint reticle, it's 0.16" dia., I'm blind in one eye, this is the best group I've ever shot. Trigger was set at 1 1/2 lbs. All of the Muley's have been taken with my Rem. 700LH in .270win.

I'm not to good at posting pics, try to do better next time.

kadejones2
Monster
Monster

Post by kadejones2 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:15 pm

sweet pics

Deserthunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Deserthunter » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:35 pm

I realize now that these aren't "trail" pics. I should have posted them in another place on the forum. I'll try and pic out some trail pics and post them, I bow hunted for about 15yrs, but my problems (back surgery, fusion, neurophathy "pain" in my legs and feet) have stopped me from doing much walking. Even a few yards is hard now days. But be that as it is, I will never stop hunting or fishing, not as long as I can take a breath.

Just a Young buck near "Potters Pond" on bow hunt

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:58 pm

cool pics thanks for sharing

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:22 am

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

moved it to the "Campfire" forum for you...since hey your are around a campfire. :)

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:45 am

great pics. Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the madness.
Deadi

TuPapito
Fawn
Fawn

Post by TuPapito » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:29 pm

Nice Dillon! :thumb
Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is more cowbell!

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:10 pm

how often do oyu come out here. when was the last time you drew for the books
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:07 pm

Deserthunter, I love those old photos! :thumb

Thanks for posting them and Welcome to Muley Madness. :)
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

Deserthunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Deserthunter » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:30 pm

Big Buck 92 -- I lived in Vernal for about 10yrs, that's a different story. I was in the Oil Fields as an engineer. I drove into the Bookcliffs most every day that I lived there, many days as far as PR Springs. Hunted most days, my job didn't usually take to much time. It might have been coyotes, bunnies, PD's (before the ban), deer, elk. I had the best of both worlds.
I moved to Evanston and still managed a total of 2-3 wks a year in the "cliffs". Made me a little mad, Evanston was 4 miles into Wy. and had to buy an out of state Utah license each yr.. Oh well got to hunt Wy.

Later I moved back to SLC and was only able to get out their 3-4 times a year. Less lately, back problems, etc. I think this year we'll plan a trip out to shoot some bunnies and maybe even to camp in one of the canyons near PR or above.

The last time I drew out for anything was a "cow" elk in 96' I have put in for both Elk and Deer for many years now and haven't drawn a thing. All of the group we went deer hunting with, some 35 or so people, about 15 licenses, have stopped hunting altogether. Each year the tracks into the old camp get harder to see. It's very very sad.