wasatch mountains elk help

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
desertpointbrian
Fawn
Fawn

wasatch mountains elk help

Post by desertpointbrian » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:52 pm

i know i am new to this forum and i am very happy i stumbled acrossed it seems to be alot better than previous forums i have been posting on for years.i have introduced myself on the muley madness rollcall thread along with a list of areas i have experiance in that i would be more than glad to help other hunters out with.with that being said i drew the wasatch mountains muzzy elk tag.and i am excited /nervous i do not whant to mess this hunt up i know the wasatch a little but i am not totaly comfortable with my knowledge of where the elk hold up at.i am going to be doing some scouting this summer and i am thinking of starting on the north end near the wolf creek ranch.i do not know how good this area is but i got to start somewhere right.any info would be more than greatly appreciated and if i can help anyone out in some of the areas i have in the rollcall thread please dont hesitate to ask
thank you
brian

desertpointbrian
Fawn
Fawn

Re: wasatch mountains elk help

Post by desertpointbrian » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:58 pm

what about the avintaquin area has anyone on here hunted that area of the unit

dibb03
Fawn
Fawn

Post by dibb03 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:26 pm

In 2008 my Brother and I shot our bulls near white river which is on the northwest side of the Avintaquin. Lots of elk there. There is some private property in that area so make sure you have current maps.

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:09 pm

use Google to show you where the elk are, I use it for all my Deer scouting and it has not let me down yet...
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

Leaf
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Leaf » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:59 pm

Hey if i were you try Diamond fork or 5th or 6th water. I have a archery tag so after im done ill let you know where they are located.

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:37 pm

I've hunted the avinaquin for cows every year for 4 years. I can PM you some spots if you want. Let me know. ----------SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

airacer25
Fawn
Fawn

Post by airacer25 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Hey SS or anybody else,
I've never hunted the Avintaquin...
Drew a cow tag, also bought the spike tag... both muzzle loader... first week of Nov.
Any insight into the area? Campsites? Snow that time of year? Condition of the roads? (general)
I don't have to much time to scout this year... but will get some in...
My Marine Corp pal can't go this year... so gonna do it solo...
Thanks for any input...
Airacer