Ted Nugent shoots deer illegally (heres Proof)

Talk anything related to bowhunting
ColeHous
Fawn
Fawn

BoHnter

Post by ColeHous » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:46 am

I respect your opinion and agree to disagree with you. I do completely agree that I probably should have rephrased the "poacher" headline. Either way... I spoke my piece and will continue hunting the way i do and just shake my head at ones that break laws sometime it just frustrates me and i have to say something.

6x6 bull
3 point
3 point

Re: Ted Nugent shoots deer illegally (heres Proof)

Post by 6x6 bull » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:19 pm

I have to agree with Nonya on this one. I just watched Lee Lakosky on the Crush with Lee and Tiffany a few days ago where they were hunting around Montrose Co for a buck called Lucky. At the end of the show he shot Lucky and you can see his Lumenock glowing all the way to the buck. This hunt was in 2008 and lumenocks were illegal. The only thing Lucky about the show is that someone didn't use his own video to have him arrested.

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:53 pm

Once again, I totally agree with bohntr and would like to make another point. I lived in California for 32 years of my life and I have two good friends that are still wardens there. I know that the DFG will do an excellent investigation into these allegations and if Ted broke any part of the fish and game code will be cited accordingly. What I want to know is; what is the accusing party who has posted several times calling Ted a "poacher" and making all kinds of slanderous and character defaming statements going to do if it is discovered that these things are a mis-understanding, a mis-statement by the author, or just incorrect? Will you just say"oh, well", and wait for your next opportunity to lower these forums to the level of the National Inquirer, or will you man up and admit that you were wrong to spread such misinformation without knowing the facts. This should be a story that made the forum after Ted was cited. Then we could all agree that he screwed up and could put in our two cents about what commercialized hunting is doing to our sport. Also, as far as your definition of poaching. I feel like a little "those who live in glass houses should not throw rocks" applies here. If you have the 20 years hunting experience that you claim, I guarantee that you have made some statutory mistake or been ignorant to some regulation that could have cost you a citation. Does this make you a poacher too?-----shooter
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:45 pm

Yhe just keep your mouth shut when you think game laws are being broken,that way you will never be wrong and nobody gets their feelings hurt.... ](*,)

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:24 pm

Mr Nonya,
I think you missed my point. I'm not saying that nothing should be said, I'm saying the appropriate thing should be said. After reading the article, one could have posted the comment; "If Ted Nugent did what his article says, he broke the law." This would be a completely true statement which can't be said for "Ted Nugent poaches deer in California", or Ted Nugent shoots deer illegally(heres proof)" which are both speculative, emotionally driven statements that have nothing to do with the facts. I read the article and there simply is no proof of anything. Ted's statements obviously ended with his thanks list and someone wrote the equipment list as an afterthought. Writers of articles screw up all the time, hence the reason there is a "setting it straight" section in most gun magazines. I like facts, I respect opinions, I personally would wait to see the outcome before making such careless statements about anybody.-----shooter

Jeff
2 point
2 point

Post by Jeff » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:36 pm

There is a lot of difference in having an opinion and making accusations. There is a reason we have a court system here in the U.S., let them decide guilt or innocence. Any sportsman should pay attention to their surroundings and notify the authorities when they see something that is unlawful.

ColeHous
Fawn
Fawn

shooter

Post by ColeHous » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:03 pm

shooter... you should read the top post on this page. It clearly say's i should have rephrased the "poacher" headline..... and yes i will aplolgize if it is a fact that no bait was used to harvest this animal. No, i'm not perfect and i'm sude i have broken a law tha fact is i was reading the information in the article which is publically published so the slander accusation is out the window. Slander is "non factual information" It read in the article he used bait pre season "fact" I'm not trying to tell everyone baiting is wrong, trust me i'm far from PETA but at the same time i think people need to follow all laws. If Ted did not break any laws the I apologize and call his publisist or editor a butthead for letting me make an @** out of myself :)

I'm sure everyone has jumped to conclusions... I should have rephrased my statements. If ted did get the deer legally then awesome, heck of a buck. If he used bait, then shame on him, but still a heck of a buck.

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:16 pm

I think that after all we are in 100% agreement. If you get further info on the case, please let us know. Until then, we'll have to wait and see if Uncle Ted will have to donate a little more than expected to the Golden state. -------shooter

BowtechAdmiral
Spike
Spike

Post by BowtechAdmiral » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:14 pm

Honestly IMO it seems like a bunch of speculations. If he did then that is to bad. However Ted Nugent is somebody who is fighting to help keep what I love, like my second amendment right of owning guns and also being able to hunt which is a huge part of what I love about being an American.
New School Archer. Never settle with good. Always looking for something better.

swbuckmaster
2 point
2 point

Post by swbuckmaster » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:06 am

looks like a typo to me and a few guys getting their panties in a knot.

what the heck is a reseason?

could it be preseason?