CO Tags Applied for

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
JLROOT
2 point
2 point

CO Tags Applied for

Post by JLROOT » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:22 am

I applied for my CO elk and deer tags yesterday. I should be a shoe in for both this year as my season was cancled last year. Such are the risks when hunting military installations.

If I draw both elk and deer or not [-o< I will still be able to buy an over the counter bull tag and a bear tag. Life is good.
A 'Veteran' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

ABert

Re: CO Tags Applied for

Post by ABert » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:09 pm

I'll be putting in my apps very soon for both deer and elk.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

JLROOT
2 point
2 point

Post by JLROOT » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:42 pm

What area ABert? Mine is 591
A 'Veteran' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

ABert

Post by ABert » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:09 pm

49 is our primary unit. 681 is backup. We should have a good draw this year as all in the group have points in 49 for deer and four of us have points for elk.

We have never failed to get an elk in 49, though we have gone without deer before. Not for lack of seeing a buck but passing on the young'uns. Best buck my brother and myself have gotten to date have both come out of 49.

We just know that unit so well it is almost like coming home after being gone for a while. Yet, each year we find another piece of real estate that looks like it will produce. Perhaps one of the best units in the state when you draw both an elk and deer tag for the same season, IMHO.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Post by maintguy47 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:14 pm

Good luck on the draw. I'll be in 81 this year.

adamwipp
Fawn
Fawn

Post by adamwipp » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:15 pm

Good luck to all on your draws! I put in for 67, but I really hope my dad draws his tag this year. He put in for unit 2 rifle once again. He has 20 points, and if every thing stays the same from last year :) he should have a 1 in 8 chance of drawing [-o< If any one else hear is a non res and has 20 or more points, I would reccomend putting in for 201. lol

Good Luck every one!
Adam Wipperfurth,