Idaho Whiteys

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
Jeff
2 point
2 point

Idaho Whiteys

Post by Jeff » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:14 pm

I was wondering how may of you Idaho guys go after white-tails. I have been thinking about giving it a try.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:15 pm

Jeff, I hunt whitetail every year in Idaho. It works great because the Idaho whitetail hunting immediately follows the Mulie season in Eastern WA (Where I live).

Jeff
2 point
2 point

Post by Jeff » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:27 pm

I'll send ya a pm and drill ya a little later on if you dont mind. I shot a coues last year and wouldn't mind getting a common white-tail next.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:38 pm

No problem at all Jeff. The tags are OTC, the hunt is during the rut, and there is plenty of huntable land (At least where I go).

Jeff, below is a link to the pics from last year's hunt and a third pic of some of the bucks we've pulled out of the area.

http://www.muleymadness.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1774

Jeff
2 point
2 point

Post by Jeff » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:20 pm

well now ya got me real interested, those are some great bucks. Me and a couple guys from Salt Lake are talking about coming up, will have to see how work goes and what kind of money I have laying around, and then theres the wife factor.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:44 pm

Well, let me know and I can help point ya in the right direction. There are some great bucks out there but the tags are either sex so you'll go home with venison one way or another (I took a big dry doe last year after missing on a great buck). The first two pics are of my Brother and his son.
The picture attached is the one I took two years ago.

J0n, another MM member here, also hunts the same general area (The GMU just north of the one I hunt). He may be able to help out also (I don't want to put ya on the hook J0n, just tryin' to help another member out).

If you folks are up there this year maybe we'll hook up and actually meet in person.
Attachments
viewphoto.jpg
viewphoto.jpg (23.66 KiB) Viewed 7208 times

J0n
Spike
Spike

Post by J0n » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:43 pm

No prob AGCHawk. I've only been up there once and it was last year. I only had a day or so to hunt but, AGC gave me a couple tips and I ended up shooting the first deer that gave me a good shot, a nice doe. After not getting drawn for anything again this year my Dad and I have been talking about heading up there to give it a more concentrated effort. Like Hawk said there are a lot of deer and plenty of public land so if you hunted hard for a few days I imagine you should be able to get a crack at a nice buck.
Last edited by J0n on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff
2 point
2 point

Post by Jeff » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:00 pm

I'd like to meet up sometime, I've got a pretty good spot in NE Utah that hold some good bucks if you ever get the itch to come here let me know.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:06 pm

uh hum. Jeff i dont know anything about idaho but i got the itch. and im in your area. what a treat. :) hint hint.lol
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:11 pm

Man, I'd love to hunt Utah some day! Of course, I have the same issues you spoke about Jeff....money and family. That's why I hunt ID, in addition to my home state hunts (WA). I live right on the boarder of Idaho so the trip costs me nothing (I wake up in the morning and am in Idaho in about 3 minutes...another 45 minutes to my prefered huntin' area). Maybe after I retire I'll have to take you up on that offer. (less than two years!)

I'll try to hook you up either way though! I love to see others bag a nice buck ALMOST as much as gettin' one myself (Even better is the fact that I don't have to field dress it or drag it out...LOL)