My uncles buck

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
Hiker

Post by Hiker » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:12 pm

bowhunter3 wrote:I have submitted the story twice and it just exits out and doesnt post. I am just supposed to type it and hit submit right?
That is a great buck, thanks for sharing. I know that spending all of that time to share the story with us and having it disappear stinks, but unfortunately it has happened to most of us. This is the way most of us do our long posts now....

From AGCHAWK "I know there are a few others on here deal with it differently but I'll tell ya what I do: If I'm posting an exceptionally long message I highlight what I've typed and copy it before I submit. If it does indeed time out on me all I have to do is hit post again, paste what I had typed, and submit again...works like a charm.

Also, if you know that you'll be typing a long message, such as a story, you can type it on a word processor such as Microsoft Word or notepad, copy it, and paste it in the body of the post."
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

bowhunter3
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bowhunter3 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:26 pm

ok for the fourth time. sorry if it is not that good im getting sick of typing.

We had spotted this buck several times during the summer so we had decided this was the buck we wanted. So monday night, me and my uncle todd left for the hunt. We got there at about six though so we didnt have any time to spot, then tuesday morning our alarm didnt go off so we got out about nine. We drove all around the mountain but didnt see any nice bucks. But Tuesday night we went to were the big five was. We didnt see him but we saw a nice 7x8 that my uncle said he would probably shoot. So That was were we went Wednesday morning we had just hiked up the hill and started hiking along when I spotted a huge four point in a hidden clearing. I told my uncle that was the buck that was with the big one and to get his gun ready. Sure enough, the big five point stepped out following a doe so after a few choice words because he couldnt see through his scope. Todd shot the buck at ninety five yards a few minutes before seven. After the smoke cleared we saw him drag off, so I started to track the buck. There was a lot of blood and we followed it into a steep bowl. I looked up and saw his horns sticking up above the brush. We couldnt believe how the he was and the very unique character. I think he had a guy score it at 213. It was really fun and by one o clock we were of the mountain headed to the boulders area to try and tag some more. But we were unsuccessful there. It amazed me how after nine years it only took fifteen minutes of light to get the buck of a lifetime. It was one of the funnest hunts I have ever been on and i look forward to doing it again. My dad has 14 points and my uncle has 12 so it should be soon. I cant wait!

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:48 pm

Thanks so much for the story and for taking the time to post it....4 times....THANKS! =D>
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

BIGBUCKCRAZY
Spike
Spike

Post by BIGBUCKCRAZY » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:55 pm

OOO Dog, What a HOG! Nice! Beautiful!
Congrats!
What have ya got if ya haven't got a story?

lifetime hunter
3 point
3 point

Post by lifetime hunter » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:32 pm

:thumb great lookin buck! Congrats to your Uncle!

wish I could draw out for Elk so I can start putting in for Deer! :-k someday!
Welcome to Utah................Now GO HOME!

BIGBUCKCRAZY
Spike
Spike

Post by BIGBUCKCRAZY » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:56 pm

lifetime hunter wrote::thumb great lookin buck! Congrats to your Uncle!

can't you apply for the m both?

Spike
Spike

Post by 270 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:39 pm

BIGBUCKCRAZY wrote:
lifetime hunter wrote::thumb great lookin buck! Congrats to your Uncle!

can't you apply for the m both?
nope not in Utah (from Utah big game proclamtion pg 16 & 17)
" A resident may apply in the drawing for the following permits:
(a) only one of the following:
(i) buck deer—premium limited entry, limited entry and CWMU (upto two hunt number choices); or
(ii) bull elk—premium limited entry, limited entry, management bull elk and CWMU (up to two hunt number choices); or
(iii) buck pronghorn—limited entry and CWMU (up to two hunt number choices);
and
(iv) only one once-in-a-lifetime permit, including once-in-a-lifetime CWMU permits.

(3) A nonresident may apply in the drawing for the following permits:
(a) only one of the following:
(i) buck deer—premium limited entry and limited entry (up to two hunt number choices); or
(ii) bull elk—premium limited entry, limited entry or management bull elk (up to two hunt number choices); or
(iii) buck pronghorn—limited entry (up to two hunt number choices);
and
(iv) only one once-in-a-lifetime permit.
(4) A person may not submit more than one application per species as provided in Subsections (2) or (3)."

so you can only put in for 1 LE hunt Elk/Deer/Antelope and 1 OIL hunt. so choose wisely my friend! :))

BIGBUCKCRAZY
Spike
Spike

Post by BIGBUCKCRAZY » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:19 pm

wow! Thanks 270. Having never hunted out of state I had no idea how spoiled I am.
We could apply for Deer,Elk,pronghorn,Mtn. Goat,Big Horns,Moose,bear and lions all in the same year and still get left over tags. lots of $$$$$$
but still possible. Any ways thanks for the info 270