Muzz 07. stolen buck???

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
BowAddict
Fawn
Fawn

Muzz 07. stolen buck???

Post by BowAddict » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:48 pm

last year on the open side of the muzz hunt i was hunting in southern utah. we had seen some nice bucks during the day and i miss one 5x4. then me and my brother decided to make this puch down some fingers, little did we know that there were some hunters on the other side. so we make the push and we jumped this 31 5x4, i shot once at 20 yards! miss way high then loaded again shot this time and drilled him right below the front shoulder, he ran off and we couldnt find him, while looking we heard a shot and went over. this other kid shot and dropped the buck and claimed it as his. is this right? thumb down

Last edited by BowAddict on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bow Hunter

brine
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Muzz 07. stolen buck???

Post by brine » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:45 pm

If you shot a fatal shot, even though the deer continued over the hill, and a person finished it off, the sportsmen thing to do is give it to you. The trouble is there are a lot of hunters out there who are not sportsmen. I've had three deer under similiar circumstances taken from me, of which two ran further to be finished off by another hunter. I mentioned that my shot looked fatal and they agreed. I just mentioned what the sportsmen thing to do was, but they didn't agree, so I said enjoy.

If it does not go down at the time of your shot it's not your deer if they place the final shot. Just live with it -- if they are not enough of a sportmen to give it to you. Guns - confrontation - fight - - forget it.

basingater
2 point
2 point

Post by basingater » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:32 pm

I had a little 2x3 come within about 50yrds and lay down could tell it was hit and heard about a million shots above me watched about 5 min and 4 teenagers came around allout of breath ask if I had seen a big buck come by me that they had hit it a few times so I showed them and they shot at it 5 times and missed ask them if they wanted m to put it out of misery so shot in the head and the horns just collapsed and all they wanted to do is fight me cause I had wrecked there horns just ask them comeback to the truckwe can call game wardens to check our tags and to ref our fight (hoping that would scare them)(it did) im just not as young as I once was and still called when I got back cause they were buddy hunting only 2 had tags but all was trying to shoot and I sure felt good about calling on the little ***tards

BowAddict
Fawn
Fawn

Post by BowAddict » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:08 pm

basingater wrote:I had a little 2x3 come within about 50yrds and lay down could tell it was hit and heard about a million shots above me watched about 5 min and 4 teenagers came around allout of breath ask if I had seen a big buck come by me that they had hit it a few times so I showed them and they shot at it 5 times and missed ask them if they wanted m to put it out of misery so shot in the head and the horns just collapsed and all they wanted to do is fight me cause I had wrecked there horns just ask them comeback to the truckwe can call game wardens to check our tags and to ref our fight (hoping that would scare them)(it did) im just not as young as I once was and still called when I got back cause they were buddy hunting only 2 had tags but all was trying to shoot and I sure felt good about calling on the little ***tards
well heck ya man. it was only a 2x3 they shouldnt be complain at all!
Bow Hunter

IdahoShdHntr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by IdahoShdHntr » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:23 pm

FIRST BLOOD.

TommyColey
Spike
Spike

Post by TommyColey » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:46 am

first blood does not make it yours!
the first fatal shot does
a shot that has penatrated the body cavitiy and is sure to kill would.
a shot in the leg...... no!

but the 1st guy to the animal really gets to decide.

I would not fight over any animal.

If they want him I still get to hunt.

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:44 am

first blood does not make it yours!
the first fatal shot does
a shot that has penatrated the body cavitiy and is sure to kill would.
a shot in the leg...... no!

but the 1st guy to the animal really gets to decide.
Agree
THE LORD IS MY ROCK